Mazatapec mushroom growing kit, Zamnesia Psilocybe Cubensis kit. Zamnesia shroom is said to be first found around Mazatapec in Mexico. The mazatapec mushrooms growing story has yet to be verified. Mazatapec mushrooms also called mazatapec cubensis, is a rather easy-to-grow variety with average size fruits.
In Addition, mazatapec mushrooms growing, have a special and unique characteristic. – The caps of this magic mushroom will stay partially closed. Although zamnesia shroom is a classic Cubensis, it was, for some unknown reason, never a particularly popular strain – until today! Now you can grow these Mexican magic mushrooms at home.
How to Grow Mazatapec Mushrooms
These grow kits contain a perlite layer to retain water, a layer of colonized substrate, and a vermiculite layer as casing. They are ready to grow when they arrive at your doorstep. All you need is the correct temperature (22-25°C, steady – if the temperature is lower the mushrooms will still grow, but at a slower rate). These grow kits produce several flushes when treated correctly. The result is a generous amount of magic mushrooms. Please read our manual!
Zamnesia magic mushroom grows kits are grown by our very own in-house mycological experts and contain extremely healthy mycelium.
Zamnesia Fresh Mushroom grow kit
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store the grow kit in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 2 weeks after the production date. First, wrap the grow kit in a plastic shopping bag and close it well.
Contents of Mazatapec cubensis Grow Kit XL
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x large grow bag – The bag has micron filters to keep contaminants out
- 2x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
What do I need to grow Zamnesia shroom?
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking – Mazatapec mushroom growing kit
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (microorganisms) no chance to contaminate.
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring microorganisms that can contaminate the Mondo® ‘Mazatapec’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, microorganisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Mondo® ‘Mazatapec’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit, and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Starting the process
- Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Close the grow box well and let it soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour the surplus of water out of the grow box.
- Place the grow box inside the large grow bag. The open end of the bag should point upwards.
- Remove the lid from the grow box. Rinse the lid, and store it in the ziplock bag for later use. Place the ziplock bag with the lid back in the carton box.
- Fold the open end of the large grows bag twice; do not cover the micron filter.
- Place the paperclip on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the Mondo® ‘Mazatapec’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- Place the Mondo® ‘Mazatapec’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the ziplock with lid.
The ideal temperature is 24°C. Do not have the temperature drop under 18°C and not exceed 29°C. To keep the temperature from dropping under 18°C, you can use a thermal mat to maintain the ideal temperature. A Thermo mat is a must-have in the winter or colder regions of the world. Mazatapec mushroom growing kit
The Mondo® ‘Mazatapec’ XL magic mushroom grow kit only needs light for the mycelium to ‘understand’ it has reached the surface. Only then, mushrooms will grow. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunlight a day is more than enough. Direct sunlight kills the mycelium, so avoid the sun shining directly on the grow kit.
Water / Misting
The day after you start the process you begin with misting. Open the grow bag by removing the paperclip. Do not spray directly on the cake, but spray one time against every side of the bag. So you mist once a day, four sprays. Misting also vents fresh oxygen inside the bag. Right after misting, close the bag again with the paperclip.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 5 and 16 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms come up in groups. This can be a small or large group. That depends on the strain. A growth like this is called a flush. Mushrooms are almost never ripe at the same time. You can get more than one flush out of a kit. The first two flushes are the largest. When more flushes come, they will be smaller than the previous one.
Picking from Grow Kit Mazatapec XL
Mushrooms are ripe and should be picked when the veil between the hat and the stem has just torn. Don’t wait much longer. Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists, and arms. Pick the mushrooms that are ripe and let the others continue to grow. Remove the mushrooms from the cake by taking hold of the base of the mushroom between the thumb and index finger. Rotating your hand clockwise slowly, until the mushroom lets go. Do not pull out the mushrooms. This would risk damaging the mycelium and killing it. When most of the larger mushrooms have been picked, also pick the smaller ones and the pins as well. Mazatapec mushroom growing kit
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms grow where the light reaches and where there is little penetrating resistance. Because the cake has light shining on the sides, the mushrooms might also grow there. It is hard to counter this and can be allowed. Some growers wrap the sides of the grow box in aluminum foil to keep the sides dark, but this doesn’t always work well.
When mushrooms grow there, they can be picked just before you soak the kit:
Clean hands! Take the grow box out of the bag and place it upside down on your other hand. Wiggle the plastic box so that the cake will fall out, onto your hand. The plastic box can be placed on a disinfectant surface. Now you have this hand free to pick the mushrooms from the sides of the cake. When all mushrooms are picked, you can place the cake back as it was, in the plastic box and continue to the soaking process.
After all the mushrooms have been picked, you prepare the kit for the next flush. Again, with disinfected hands or gloves; take the grow box out of the large grow bag. Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Take the lid out of the ziplock bag and use it to close the grow box. Place the closed grow box in a soaking Bag or use your own clean plastic shopping bag and wrap it around the box. Close it well and place this in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 12 hours. This is called the soaking process. Water will now soak through the cake, preparing it for the next flush.
During the soaking, you can hang the grow bag with a micron filter upside down to dry. Make sure to hang it upside down, so no microorganisms will access the bag. Many growers prefer to use new and unused grow bags after every flush.
After 12 hours take the soaking Bag with the grow box, out from the fridge and unpack it.
To continue, follow the same steps 3 – 7 as before when you started the process for the first time. Several days later, a new flush will appear. You can get at least 2 or 3 flushes out of a Mondo® ‘Mazatapec’ XL Magic mushroom grow kit. If you are experienced in cultivating, you can get more flushes out of a kit. Mazatapec mushroom growing kit
When no more mushrooms grow out of a grow kit after the second flush for at least three weeks, or when the Mondo® ‘Mazatapec’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit turns green, red, grey, or yellow; the grow kit can be disposed of. The change in color is a sign that the grow kit is contaminated with another fungus or a bacteria. No more mushrooms will grow out of the Mondo® ‘Mazatapec’ XL Magic mushroom grow kit and the grow kit should be thrown away in the garbage outside.
When you are too late picking the mushrooms, they will drop their spores. The cake and the mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains red/brown) because of the spores. This is not really a problem; it just doesn’t look very pretty. When mushrooms release their spores, they also start to degrade and the active ingredients are breaking down. Mushrooms will lose some of their potency. Mazatapec mushroom growing kit
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- Grow bag